Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm not MIA ...

I spent this last week on a business trip and that's why I haven't updated! My company is absolutely amazing and sends all new managers for a week training where basically you get to pick the brain of a very successful manager and if you are lucky, you spend the week with another new manager too. We spend the entire week talking about things like accountability, feedback, creating a great store environment, motivating your team, and all those other fun leadership concepts most new managers struggle with. I now have a battle buddy and an amazing support leader to call when I'm having a hard time being the manager instead of the friend. It was truly eye-opening and I am so thankful I work for a company that is so invested in our growth.

I'm home now though and snuggling on my boys. It was my first week away from the A-man and I did surprisingly well. I think that because dad is always home with him and he's in his own space, it doesn't really bother me to be away. I'm so happy that we have this set-up and my husband is a WONDERFUL stay-at-home dad. He loves it and I love him for it.

I also have some really good news: My blog won its first award!!! Yay!! :)


 HEATHER AT A YOUNG WIFE'S TALE 
AWARDED ME THE LIEBSTER AWARD. THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD IS GIVEN TO UP AND COMING BLOGGERS WHO HAVE LESS THAN 200 FOLLOWERS. LIEBSTER IS A GERMAN WORD MEANING DEAR, SWEET, KIND, NICE, GOOD, BELOVED, LOVELY, KINDLY, PLEASANT, VALUED, CUTE, ENDEARING AND WELCOME.

To keep this award going and pass it along to other new deserving blogs, the recipient must now recognize five other bloggers with less than 200 followers that have really stood out in the crowd.

The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too!

So first thing is first: Heather, thank you so much. You are the sweetest thing ever and I'm very blessed that it was you that gave me my first award. For those of you who don't know Heather, she's a new mom living in the UK with her gorgeous family. Milo is the cutest little girl like EVER, and man, you should see her hair. They cloth diaper, breastfeed, practice baby led weaning, and blog their day to day life living away from their family. Her blog is FULL of the most adorable pictures that will always put a smile on your face. We've been friends since high school and toss opinions around now that we are mommies. I so wish we lived closer so Milo and A could be friends! Check her out, she's great.

Now for the new shout outs:

[Dawn's blog is all about her Paleo Pregnancy journey. It's nice to have another person out there going through the same things and trying to eat Paleo as well. She's due any day now so we get to welcome a new Cave baby! Everyone follow her journey and get ready to squeal over new baby posts.]

[CJ, or Carly is a sweet little Texas girl who married a British-born, Cali-raised boy. They are about to about to have not one, but two babies!! CJ has the cutest style and her pictures are so cute. Her posts consist of cute fashion ideas as well as her pregnant with twins stories. More power to you, sister! Plus, being from the South myself, I love the pictures of their big truck!]

[Jennifer is young. She's funky. She's cute. She has tattoos. Her daughters name is Olive. She gave birth to her at home. Seriously, I think I have a mom crush. Or maybe we should just be BFF. Haha]


[Lindsey is on of my best friends. Drew Needs Rest is her blog where she talks about the loss of her first son, our sweet angel Andrew, and her brand new baby, Thomas. Like brand new, brand new. A few days old. He's adorable and she is the BEST mom in the world.]

[Judah is the cutest little boy ever and loves to take pictures with mustaches AND wigs. Need I say more?]


So there you have it. Everyone give these amazing ladies some love and lets grow our blogging communities! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment