Thursday, October 13, 2011

E.C. WIN!!!

So ever since A was about 3 or 4 weeks old, we have been practicing elimination communication.  Basically, we watch for his potty cues (after naps, after meals, etc.) and then sit him on the potty rather than just letting him go in his diaper and changing him.  From the very beginning he's done really well.  As soon as we sit him down he goes.  This is awesome in itself, but what's even more awesome?

A HAS STARTED COMMUNICATING!

A few days ago, my sweet baby started doing this fake cough.  It's the cutest/slightly annoying noise and we just attributed it to him learning to make more sounds.  When analyzing it further, he goes crazy during diaper changes.  We started taking him to the potty when he does this and what do you know, he goes every time.  Now, he's just started doing it randomly during the day so dad takes him to the potty whenever he makes this noise.  Again, he's either poop'ed or pee'ed (TMI, I know.  I'm totally being THAT mom.) every single time we take him.

My 5 1/2 month old is letting us know he needs to potty.  I'm so stinkin' proud.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I do it with Milo part-time. She knows to go when I put her over the potty and can hold it for a while. I just need to offer more. I dont think I have been consistent enough or paying attention enough to notice her telling me she needs to go. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned you over on my blog today :)
    http://www.ayoungwifestale.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!!! I read about elimination communication when my daughter was 20 months (up until then I had never heard about it). I was facinated and was on the computer for over an hour learning about it. My daughter was potty trained by the time she was 2. I was so happy!
    You REALLY have to be dedicated and stick with it. Sometimes you will feel like throwing in the towel, but DONT... its so worth it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's Amazing!! I think i might look into that!! (Found your blog through blog hop!) Love your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That is so cool!!! My two year old isn't potty trained yet :( he flips out when he goes near the potty. So at a loss for how to train him when he has such a huge thing against being diaperless!

    ReplyDelete